- On October 12, 2020
- In Uncategorized
- By Claudia
SA Litho Label Printers, is currently seeking a General Manager, reporting directly to the Managing Director of the Packaging divisions in the Western Cape, to join its team. The incumbent will be responsible for the overall direction, control and management of all activities within the business unit, assuming full responsibility and accountability for the financial outcomes and scorecard metrics. The General Manager would be a proactive, strategic lateral thinker whose skills contribute to the efficient, systematic and profitable operation of the company. You will provide overall leadership and direction to direct reports.
- Maintain and Promote Compliance in respect of all relevant legislation(OHSA, Environmental, Employment) and required certification systems
- Manage customer relationships in a positive and professional manner
- Decision making/approval of major operating, business, engineering and maintenance decisions to ensure plant availability and efficiencies are optimised at all times.
- Minimising operating errors by way of establishing and sustaining investigation, communication and corrective programs.
- Establish and maintain effective channels of communication and cooperation among and between departments within and external to the business unit.
- Regular feedback to upper management on concerns and opportunities.
- Overall business performance management.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Eight to Ten (8 – 10) years of equivalent managerial experience in a packaging environment.
- Excellent computer (Microsoft Office Suite) and analytical skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Working within an ISO environment.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Evidence of continuous improvement initiatives.
- Evidence of participation in some form of management development programs at a senior level.
If you would like to apply please forward your CV, together with a letter of motivation to Lee-Ann via email on email@example.com by no later than Friday 31st October 2020.
SA Litho Label Printers is committed to Employment Equity. Appointments will be made in line with the current Employment Equity Plan taking all the necessary skill requirements into account.